Job ID: 020124
Posted Date: 3 weeks ago
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Category: Maintenance
This role is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, heating, Ventilation and Air Condition (HVAC), plumbing etc. in accordance with established SOPs, GMP guidelines and EH&S policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair; make notes and recommendations
• Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures such as wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords etc. using appropriate hand, powder and specialty tools
• Perform minor plumbing maintenance such as replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.
• Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work such as preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles etc.
• Reconfigure, install, position and remount modular offices and space such as furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, lighting, file cabinets etc. to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
• Prepare the surfaces and paint various structure and equipment such as walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities etc. to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe working environment using various painting equipment and related tools such as sprayers, rollers, brushes and thinners
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2 years experiences in facility maintenance and working in manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Completion of high school education
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus
• Show dignity, respect while performing duties and contributes to department goals
• Take ownership and accountability for issues, Strong interpersonal & problem solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Be a team player, a positive contributor; be open to suggesting and implementing ideas to better the business.
• Willing to participate in skill enhancement programs
• Experience in food/pharmaceutical environment preferable but not required
• Operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.). Milling, Lathe and welding is an strong asset
• Forklift, boom zoom, truck experience an asset
• Ability to work any shift including weekends as required
• Must be available for flexible working schedule