Job ID: 092122
Posted Date: 2 weeks ago
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job Category: Human Resources
• Maintain and update employee files & HR files, training records, HR systems, and monthly lists and reports
• Implement and coordinate the recruitment and selection process for internal job opportunities, hourly and some salaried recruiting, and the recruitment of temporary employees
• Schedule and conduct interviews/testing as required, and ensure timely feedback is provided to all internal and external candidates
• Assist HR and hiring managers in the booking and organization of candidates.
• Prepare for new employee start-up procedure including new employee set-up, offer letter, employment agreements
• Assist with the preparation, coordination, and delivery of New Hire Orientation and various training programs to all employees and various levels within the organization as required
• Responsible for the maintenance of all Human Resources forms and lists as required
• Provide employees with company policies, benefits including vacation, excused and unexcused leave, holiday, formation, etc., and respond to inquiries and complains
• Participate in time attendance management system clarification and daily adjustment as required and act as a back-up for accounting payroll in time attendance record processing
• Assist with the update of the Employee Handbook and/or other policies or documents as requested.
• Working with the Manager of Human Resources, assist with the administration of progressive discipline in a fair and consistent manner, and attend employee discipline meetings as required to ensure discipline is conducted in accordance with legislative and procedural guidelines
• Ensure confidentiality of information and materials is maintained
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma preferred in Human Resources
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• 1+ years of relevant work experience preferred
• Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical ability
• Dynamic, self-motivated, service and result oriented
• Ability to work under pressure
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint) & Internet.